The Opportunity Zone program intrigued entrepreneurs and investors with capital gains to look into qualified opportunity zone projects across the nation. Now questions abound on how to *actually* operate OZ funds and meet the complex program requirements.
Presented by SKR+CO Tax Partner Trinity Bradley Anderson and Tax Supervising Senior Jared Usrey:
– Things to know about operating a Qualified Opportunity Fund
– Meeting substantial improvement requirements + asset tests
– Complying with working capital safe harbor: Let’s talk cash!
– Nitty Gritty questions we’re hearing
– COVID impacts on the OZ program
– Pikes Peak Regional updates on OZ – Chelsea Gaylord, Senior Economic Development Specialist, City of Colorado Springs
– OEDIT’s accelerator program – Jack Tiebout. Opportunity Zone Program Manager, OEDIT